If you're looking for more affordable insurance online, do you get frustrated by the dozens of auto insurance companies that you can choose from? You're not alone. You have so many options that it is a lot of work to find the perfect company for you. If you've ever been there, you know that Fort Wayne is a wonderful place to live, but trying to pay high auto insurance rates makes it very hard to meet other financial obligations.
Unbelievable but true, most auto insurance customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates with other companies. Fort Wayne drivers could save themselves $700 a year, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
This article's goal is to teach you a little about how to get online quotes. If you have insurance now, you will be able to get lower rates using these tips. But Indiana consumers should learn how insurance companies determine premium rates because rates are impacted by many factors.
When shopping for Kia Rio insurance in Fort Wayne there are multiple ways to get quotes from different companies. One of the best ways to compare Kia Rio insurance prices consists of obtaining rate quotes online. It's important to know that comparing more prices will improve the odds of getting the best rates. Some smaller insurers do not give online price quotes, so it's necessary to compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase rates greatly.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The chart below shows the difference between Kia Rio car insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The premiums assume no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no clear-cut formula for phasing out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's assume your Kia Rio replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Why car insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Rio, most lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia for a lot more money and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Eight Tips to Get Cheap Fort Wayne Insurance Prices
Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is. When buying car insurance it's important to understand some of the things that help calculate your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- With age comes responsibility - Older drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers.Inexperience drivers have been known to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind - The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Stressful vocation may mean higher prices - Occupations such as judges, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals are shown to have higher rates than average because of intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. Other careers like farmers, students and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Get better rates if married - Walking down the aisle may save some money on your car insurance policy. Marriage means you're more financially stable it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- If you don't need it don't buy it - There are a ton of extra coverages that you can buy if you don't pay attention. Things like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Responsible credit equals lower rates - An insured's credit history can be an important factor in determining premium rates. If your credit rating is lower than you'd like, you could save money insuring your Kia Rio if you improve your credit rating. People that have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit.
- Insurance prices and driver gender - Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn't mean females are better at driving than males. Both genders cause fender benders in similar percentages, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male teenagers are the most expensive to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
- Cheaper rates by bundling - The majority of insurance companies apply lower prices for people that have more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Kia Rio insurance loss statistics - Companies use historical loss data when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that have high amounts or severity of claims will be charged more to insure.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Kia Rio vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or tendancy to have higher losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Kia Rio Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Rio 90 109 81 141 158 127
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Kia Rio insurance in Fort Wayne with discounts
Some insurance providers don't always advertise their entire list of discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we researched a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you cheap Rio insurance.
- Onboard Data Collection - Drivers that enable driving data submission to analyze where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Professional Memberships - Affiliation with a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount when shopping for insurance.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Home Ownership Discount - Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on insurance because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a slight reduction on a Fort Wayne car insurance quote.
- Student Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Life Insurance - Select companies reward you with a lower rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Early Switch Discount - Some companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy Fort Wayne car insurance online.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, good student, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including membership and employees, air bags, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and military active duty.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for newly married, new vehicle discount, newly retired, teen driver discount, and preferred payment discount.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, air bag, good student, driver training, anti-theft, and vehicle fuel type.
- MetLife offers discounts including accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, good driver
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not apply in your state.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone's needs are different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Does my Kia Rio qualify for pleasure use?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Does my Kia Rio need full coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is important especially in Fort Wayne.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Fort Wayne who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agents in Fort Wayne can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with lots of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you.
When comparing insurance prices, you will want to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. A lot of them also have access to smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
The following are independent agencies in Fort Wayne that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
- STAR Insurance Agency
2130 E Dupont Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 467-5690 - View Map
- Schultheis Agency Insurance
1910 St Joe Center Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 480-0208 - View Map
- Lupke Rice Insurance-Financial
127 W Berry St # 500 - Fort Wayne, IN 46802 - (260) 424-4150 - View Map
These agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often use the same agent primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Fort Wayne that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Rolly Bhargava
4660 W Jefferson Blvd Ste 100 - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 459-7673 - View Map
- Scott Robinson - State Farm Insurance Agent
4705 Illinois Rd Ste 100 - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 744-3218 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Adrian Hernandez
3474 Stellhorn Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 485-0122 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
As you quote Fort Wayne car insurance, make sure you don't buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just read many ideas to shop for Kia Rio insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers only sell through local independent agents. Discount Kia Rio insurance is attainable on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
More information can be read at the links below
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Indianapolis, IN? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)