Searching for better insurance prices for a Jeep Compass in Indiana can normally be difficult, but you can use the following methods to save time.
There is a better way to buy auto insurance so we're going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes on a Jeep and get the lowest possible price from Evansville insurance agents and online providers.
How much is Jeep Compass insurance in Evansville?
Finding a lower price on insurance is an easy way to save money. You just need to spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rates online from several insurance companies.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Evansville, IN. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Compass Sport 2WD||$114||$218||$340||$20||$102||$794||$66|
|Compass Sport 4WD||$186||$358||$318||$18||$94||$974||$81|
|Compass Limited 2WD||$198||$336||$290||$18||$86||$928||$77|
|Compass Limited 4WD||$116||$226||$318||$18||$94||$772||$64|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in zip code location which can revise coverage prices considerably.
Jeep Compass liability-only versus full coverage
The information below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Compass premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no set guideline of when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Jeep Compass replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $300 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Buying the right Jeep Compass insurance in Indiana is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Jeep Compass insurance, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Compass has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Jeep for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Jeep and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your Jeep gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Indiana is overpaying over $855 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to save money.
Is there deception in advertising?
Indiana consumers can't escape the ads that promise big savings for switching by State Farm and Allstate. They all tend to make the same promise about saving some big amount if you move your policy.
How is it plausible that every one can make the same claim? It's all in how they say it.
Many companies look for specific characteristics for a prospective insured that will be a good risk. One example of this type of driver may be over the age of 40, has other policies, and has excellent credit. A propective insured who matches that profile receives the best premium rates in Evansville and will probably cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who are not a match for these stringent criteria will have to pay a higher premium and this results in the customer not buying. The ads state "customers that switch" not "everybody who quotes" can save as much as they claim. That is how companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings.
Different companies use different criteria so it is so important to compare many company's prices. It's just too difficult to predict which auto insurance company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Take advantage of these discounts on Jeep Compass insurance in Evansville
Some companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Evansville auto insurance online. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount available, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Multiple Cars - Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Resident Student - Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Evansville and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Own a Home and Save - Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because it requires personal responsibility.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
Some companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with every company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not be offered in Evansville. To view providers who offer free Jeep Compass insurance quotes in Indiana, follow this link.
Local insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to have an agent's advice and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important especially in Evansville.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Evansville who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you want to use a local Evansville insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Evansville can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can do a good job, but it's a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. They often place coverage with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in Evansville who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Dilegge Michael D Insurance Agency
901 N Main St - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 424-4001 - View Map
- Paulson Insurance
1133 W Mill Rd #201b - Evansville, IN 47710 - (812) 205-2500 - View Map
- AssuredPartners NL
120 N Fulton Ave a - Evansville, IN 47710 - (812) 485-2800 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Evansville that can give you rate quotes.
- Bob Davis - State Farm Insurance Agent
2727 N First Ave - Evansville, IN 47710 - (812) 491-7888 - View Map
- Felicia Chisholm - State Farm Insurance Agent
1211 Tutor Ln Ste F - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 471-3276 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Dustin Sarver
2319 W Franklin St - Evansville, IN 47712 - (812) 425-4200 - View Map
Picking an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- If they are an independent agency in Evansville, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Evansville?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Evansville?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
If you receive acceptable answers to all your questions and a low price estimate, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that is professional and can service your policy. It's important to know that policyholders can cancel coverage any time you want so don't feel you are locked into a specific agent with no way out.
When do I need an agent's advice?
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Everyone's needs are different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation could use an agent's help.
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Should I buy only the required Indiana minimum liability coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Indiana?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
We just presented many tips how you can lower your Jeep Compass insurance car insurance rates in Evansville. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Evansville auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from the smaller companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When shopping online for insurance, it's very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Low-cost Jeep Compass insurance in Evansville is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Evansville, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Hammond, IN? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Muncie, IN? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)