Did a good deal turn out to be high-priced Mazda 3 insurance in Indianapolis? Don't sweat it because many Indianapolis consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in Indianapolis could pocket almost $697 a year just by comparing rates, but most just don't grasp the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies. Due to the large number of companies to choose from that have cheap insurance for a Mazda 3 in Indianapolis, it can be diffult for drivers to choose the best company.
It's smart to get comparison quotes as often as possible since insurance rates tend to go up over time. If you had the best deal on Mazda 3 insurance in Indianapolis two years ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. You can find a lot of information about 3 insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some proven techniques to save money.
The quickest way to compare rates for Mazda 3 insurance in Indianapolis is to know the trick most of the bigger providers will pay a fee to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give the companies some data including how many miles driven, the type of vehicles you drive, types of safety features, and if you went to college. Your information is instantly submitted to insurance carriers in your area and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Indianapolis, IN. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$230||$368||$22||$110||$882||$74|
|3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$428||$286||$16||$86||$1,050||$88|
|3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$148||$334||$380||$22||$114||$998||$83|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$262||$580||$364||$22||$110||$1,338||$112|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$146||$306||$364||$22||$110||$948||$79|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$220||$428||$380||$22||$114||$1,164||$97|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$118||$230||$270||$16||$80||$714||$60|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise prices noticeably.
Where to set your deductibles
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Mazda 3 insurance prices for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below shows the difference between Mazda 3 insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Mazda 3 claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Insurance policy discounts for Mazda 3 insurance in Indianapolis
Some insurance providers do not list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Indianapolis car insurance online. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Student Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver's education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Professional Memberships - Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Indianapolis could trigger savings when shopping for insurance.
- No Accidents - Indianapolis drivers who stay claim-free pay less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Safe Drivers - Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- 21st Century offers discounts including air bags, good student, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, teen driver, 55 and older, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, anti-theft, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- AAA includes discounts for good driver, multi-policy, good student, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new move discount, new graduate, exclusive group savings, safety features, multi-car, newly retired, and new vehicle discount.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies how you can save money. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer insurance discounts in Indianapolis, click here to view.
Insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Many people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. Any agent in Indianapolis should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How are they compensated?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is coverage determined by price?
Choose the right car insurance agent
If you want to use an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Indianapolis can either be independent or exclusive. Either one can write policy coverage, but it's worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Indianapolis who can help you get price quotes.
Jim Grounds - State Farm Insurance Agent
4745 Statesmen Dr d - Indianapolis, IN 46250 - (317) 842-6807 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When shopping rates, you definitely need to contact several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Indianapolis that can give you price quote information.
Insuring your Mazda vehicle just makes sense
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Mazda in Indianapolis, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your 3, almost all lenders will force you to carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Mazda at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your Mazda and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $855 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance coverage options for a Mazda 3
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Liability coverages - Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 25/50/10 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as court costs, medical services, medical expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford. Indiana requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) - Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses for X-ray expenses, EMT expenses, ambulance fees and hospital visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance - Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as theft, vandalism, hitting a deer and falling objects. The most you'll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision - This pays for damage to your 3 resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your 3 to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) - Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the "other guys" are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Mazda 3.
Due to the fact that many Indiana drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
One last note
We've covered a lot of tips how to lower your Mazda 3 insurance premium rates in Indianapolis. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the least-expected company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
When you buy Indianapolis car insurance online, it's very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Cost effective Mazda 3 insurance is possible both online and also from your neighborhood Indianapolis agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not offer online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers work with independent agents.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Malibu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)