Do you want to stop overpaying and find more affordable auto insurance rates in Indianapolis, IN? Indianapolis shoppers have options when shopping for affordable Mitsubishi Mirage insurance. You can either waste hours driving around to compare prices or leverage the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a Mitsubishi and get the cheapest rates from Indianapolis insurance agents and online providers.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Indianapolis auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you can get discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but some must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Select companies give a discount for switching to them before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- 55 and Retired - Older drivers can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Resident Student - Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don't have a car can receive lower rates.
- Auto/Life Discount - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better premium rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Own a Home and Save - Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Government Employees - Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO has savings for multi-policy, defensive driver, membership and employees, driver training, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and air bags.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-theft, drive less, homeowner, multi-car, accident prevention training, and safe driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, anti-theft, passive restraint, and defensive driving training.
- MetLife offers discounts for claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, and good student.
- 21st Century includes discounts for good student, homeowners, air bags, driver training, 55 and older, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-vehicle.
Check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Indianapolis. To view insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Indianapolis, click here to view.
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance is mandatory in Indiana but it also protects more than you think.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Mirage has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Mitsubishi for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Mirage definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $855 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
A lot of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Indianapolis who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
If you are searching for an insurance agent, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can write policy coverage, but it's important to point out the difference between them because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They are unable to provide other company's prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Indianapolis exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Elizabeth Marshall - State Farm Insurance Agent
6124 N College Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46220 - (317) 255-2700 - View Map
- Haleh Krauter - State Farm Insurance Agent
11204 Fall Creek Rd - Indianapolis, IN 46256 - (317) 849-9996 - View Map
- State Farm: Amy Henry
7035 E 96th St Suite S-2 - Indianapolis, IN 46250 - (317) 897-1900 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you contact a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are Indianapolis independent agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Brelage Insurance Agency Inc
5451 Emerson Way - Indianapolis, IN 46226 - (317) 591-2660 - View Map
- Jensen Ford Insurance
8000 S Meridian St - Indianapolis, IN 46217 - (317) 888-6007 - View Map
- Skaggs Insurance Agencies Inc
5519 E 82nd St e - Indianapolis, IN 46250 - (317) 841-6000 - View Map
If you receive good responses to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, you've probably found an insurance agency that can be trusted to adequately provide car insurance.