Are you irritated from not being able to scrape enough together to pay high car insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as the majority of other consumers in Indiana.
Unbelievable but true, almost 70% of insureds have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Consumers in Indiana could save approximately $697 a year by just shopping around, but they don't invest the time required to find cheaper insurance by shopping around. Big companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm continually bombard you with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers should take time to do price comparisons on a regular basis because rates change quite often. Just because you had the lowest rate on Mazda 6 insurance in Evansville a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're about to learn the tricks you need to know to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Companies offering affordable Mazda 6 price quotes in Evansville, IN
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Evansville, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|6 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$294||$368||$22||$110||$996||$83|
|6 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$288||$294||$18||$88||$840||$70|
|6 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$138||$250||$270||$16||$80||$754||$63|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$146||$226||$286||$16||$86||$760||$63|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$288||$286||$16||$86||$870||$73|
|6 I Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$396||$290||$18||$86||$1,012||$84|
|6 S Touring Plus 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$172||$340||$318||$18||$94||$942||$79|
|6 S Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$358||$264||$16||$80||$906||$76|
|6 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$504||$294||$18||$88||$1,138||$95|
|6 S Grand Touring 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$426||$264||$16||$80||$996||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Information does not factor in Evansville location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates noticeably.
Higher deductibles save money
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Mazda 6 insurance premiums for different age categories. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Don't neglect these discounts on Mazda 6 insurance in Evansville
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking part in a defensive driver class can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Theft Deterrent System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on 6 insurance in Evansville.
- Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less can qualify you for lower car insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current 6 insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Payment Method - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- College Student - Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it's just not the way it works.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and retired, good student, renewal discount, safe driver, and driver training.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- AAA has savings for pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and good student.
- American Family offers discounts for TimeAway discount, accident-free, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, and bundled insurance.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, good student, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, five-year accident-free, and seat belt use.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer online Mazda 6 insurance quotes in Indiana, click here.
How Insurance Providers Determine Mazda 6 Insurance Rates
Many factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are less apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. When buying auto insurance it's important to understand some of the things that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could result in better auto insurance rates.
- Get better rates if married - Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and it's proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- City dwellers may pay more - Residing in a small town is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People in densely populated areas have to deal with congested traffic and more severe claims. More time behind the wheel can result in more accidents.
- Women tend to take less risk - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Male teenagers generally have the highest accident percentage so it costs more to insure them.
- Safer cars cost less to insure - Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
- Mazda 6 claim statistics - Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for coverage. The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Mazda 6 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probablilty for all vehiclescombined as an average is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
Mazda 6 Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 6 99 92 112 94 98 94
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need special coverages?
When buying your policy, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- When should I drop full coverage on my Mazda 6?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Will my Mazda 6 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Local agents and car insurance
Some consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Evansville who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
If you are wanting to find local Evansville agents, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Evansville agents may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can sell car insurance policies, but we need to point out how they are different because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company such as Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents are highly trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Evansville willing to provide price quote information.
Manuel Ramirez - State Farm Insurance Agent
4709 Theater Dr - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 477-8882 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you compare prices from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are Evansville independent agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
Once you have received good answers to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, it's possible that you found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to provide car insurance coverage.
Find cheaper rates by comparing often
We just presented a lot of techniques to reduce Mazda 6 insurance auto insurance rates online in Evansville. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best auto insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Fishers, IN? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Richmond, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)