Would you like to find the cheapest insurance rates in New Castle, IN? Paying low cost rates for insurance could be a challenge for drivers not familiar with quoting and comparing prices online. There are so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a difficult mission to compare prices in Indiana on insurance.
It's hard to believe, but the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Indiana could pocket as much as $700 a year, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Quoting and buying cheaper protection in New Castle is not that difficult. Basically, anyone who compares rate quotes for auto insurance most likely will be able to find lower rates. But Indiana vehicle owners must know the way companies determine premium rates.
To find inexpensive New Castle car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare quotes from companies that offer insurance in Indiana. The best method to comparison shop consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps you find more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,060||$530||$88|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$1,118||$559||$93|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$974||$487||$81|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$736||$368||$61|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$732||$366||$61|
|Ford F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$984||$492||$82|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,024||$512||$85|
|GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$956||$478||$80|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$836||$418||$70|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$656||$328||$55|
|Honda Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$868||$434||$72|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,218||$609||$102|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,256||$628||$105|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$896||$448||$75|
|Toyota Tacoma 4WD||$1,010||$505||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in your specific New Castle location which can lower or raise price quotes considerably.
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact GMC Acadia insurance premiums for different age groups. The data is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Impact of age and gender on car insurance rates
The example below compares insurance costs for male and female drivers in New Castle. The price estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied on a Honda Pilot EX.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in New Castle, buying car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your vehicle at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in New Castle is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Quote cheaper auto insurance with these tips
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand the different types of things that aid in calculating your premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
Getting married brings a discount - Having a significant other helps lower the price on your policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Protect yourself with liability - Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. This coverage provides legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Prices increase with policy add-ons - Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time on your policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if you don't need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Costs impacted by your city - Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when it comes to auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Discounts for affordable insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there's a good chance there are discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Telematics Data - New Castle drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Driver Safety - Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driver skills could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Senior Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get better insurance rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down could qualify for better prices on cars that stay parked.
Don't be surprised that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn't quite work that way.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, defensive driver, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, driver training, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Travelers offers discounts including multi-car, good student, home ownership, early quote, continuous insurance, and payment discounts.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for renewal discount, multi-policy, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, safe driver, youthful driver, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, newly retired, safety features, multi-policy, and good student.
- American Family discounts include multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, good driver, TimeAway discount, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
Check with all the companies how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not apply to policies in New Castle. To choose insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in New Castle, click here.
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
When you buy New Castle car insurance online, it's a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare car insurance auto insurance rates in New Castle. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high prices, questionable increases in premium or even lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
Much more information about car insurance in Indiana is available at these links:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Bloomington, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Noblesville, IN? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Lawrence, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)