Are you looking for low-cost Nissan cube insurance in Evansville? When shopping for lower-priced insurance, are you overwhelmed by the wide range of insurance choices available to you? Many other drivers are too. There are so many choices available that it is a lot of work to find a more affordable company. Evansville is a great city to raise a family in, but the high cost of insurance makes it difficult to be able to afford adequate coverage.
Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Many consumers in Indiana could pocket 55% a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to compare rate quotes online.
All major insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get pricing directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Nissan cube insurance in Evansville doesn't take a lot of time as you just type in your coverage preferences into the form. Upon sending the form, their rating system obtains your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information based on these and other factors.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it is important to perform this step if you want to find a lower rate.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you duplicate coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will get rate quotes based on identical coverages.
The following companies offer free quotes in Evansville, IN. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cube S 2WD||$176||$242||$280||$16||$84||$798||$67|
|Cube SL 2WD||$232||$494||$364||$22||$110||$1,222||$102|
|Cube Krom 2WD||$188||$358||$264||$16||$80||$906||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can revise premiums substantially.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The information below visualizes the comparison of Nissan cube car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rates are based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There isn't a written rule to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Nissan cube book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Indiana
Despite the potentially high cost of Nissan cube insurance, paying for insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $850 per year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all their discounts very well, so here is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Evansville auto insurance online.
- Resident Student - College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Evansville and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being in a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Responsible Drivers - Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Evansville Homeowners Pay Less - Just owning your own home can save you money because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn't work that way. Any amount of discount will definitely lower your policy premiums.
A list of companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- American Family may include discounts for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, accident-free, early bird, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for driver training, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, driver's education, safe vehicle, good student, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Travelers may have discounts that include payment discounts, multi-policy, home ownership, driver training, continuous insurance, and multi-car.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle fuel type, driver training, anti-theft, good student, and air bag.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, seat belt use, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online signing, and homeowner.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Savings may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Indiana, click this link.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Many drivers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Evansville who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You don't have to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Evansville?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Evansville insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so always compare other rates. These agents are highly trained on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to use the same agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are Evansville exclusive agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Laura L. Sanders
2612 E Morgan Ave - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 476-4285 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Tod Wilson Agencies
419 E Diamond Ave - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 425-3300 - View Map
- Steve Hahn - State Farm Insurance Agent
201 E Diamond Ave - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 422-8122 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may have better rates.
Shown below are Evansville independent insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Torian, Hofmann, Dillow and Flittner
3000 E Division St - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 424-5503 - View Map
- Dilegge Michael D Insurance Agency
901 N Main St - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 424-4001 - View Map
- Acceptance Auto Insurance
3200 N St Joseph Ave Ste D - Evansville, IN 47720 - (812) 425-2024 - View Map
How to know if you need help
When quoting and comparing coverage for your vehicles, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Indiana?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If you can't answer these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
When buying insurance coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
The cheapest Nissan cube insurance in Evansville can be sourced online and with local Evansville insurance agents, so you need to shop Evansville auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent agencies.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver and even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies is less work than it seems.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in these articles:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)