Do you want an efficient way to compare the cheapest Dodge Durango insurance in Evansville? Getting more affordable Evansville Dodge Durango insurance quotes can be rather difficult for people that are relatively new to price shopping online. With so many agents and companies in the marketplace, how are we expected to possibly compare every possible option in order to find better insurance prices?
A recent study showed that a large majority of insurance policyholders have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never compared rates with other companies. Indiana insurance shoppers could save almost 55% each year just by comparing rates, but most just don't grasp the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Cheap Dodge insurance rate quotes in Evansville
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Evansville, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Seven Things That Impact Your Insurance Costs
Many factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but some are more obscure such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine your prices.
- Occupation reflects on rates - Jobs like fire fighters, business owners and financial analysts are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to stressful work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, careers like professors, students and performers pay the least.
- Save money by having high credit - Credit history factor in determining premium rates. If your credit is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Dodge Durango if you improve your credit rating. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Bundle and save - The majority of insurers afford better rates for people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to compare Dodge Durango rates in Evansville to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Avoid traffic tickets - Just one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers who don't get tickets pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have received severe tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher insurance rates - Driving with no insurance is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Indiana department of motor vehicles.
- Lower rates with alarm systems - Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Systems that thwart theives such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Being married can lower premiums - Your spouse may earn you lower rates when shopping for insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more mature than a single person and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Dodge Durango insurance claim data - Insurers use statistical claims data to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher cost to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Dodge Durango vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
Dodge Durango Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD 88 110 91 104 90 100 Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD 90 115 97 92 93 102
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer lots of discounts on Dodge Durango insurance in Evansville
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some larger companies reward drivers for signing up early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Driver's Ed - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Save over 55 - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Distant Student - Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don't have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply everywhere. To locate insurers that offer multiple discounts in Indiana, click here to view.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Evansville that give free quotes to get your business. You won't need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on a provider shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. Any agent in Evansville should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How long has their agency been in business in Evansville?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Choose the right car insurance agent
When finding a good insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Evansville agents can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company's prices and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Below are Evansville exclusive agencies who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Dustin Sarver
2319 W Franklin St - Evansville, IN 47712 - (812) 425-4200 - View Map
- State Farm
4843 E Virginia St - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 477-8930 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Robert Sheffer
1343 Tutor Ln b - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 437-4772 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you definitely need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
The following are Evansville independent insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- ET Shield Insurance Agency
4405 Theater Dr - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 469-9907 - View Map
- Torian, Hofmann, Dillow and Flittner
3000 E Division St - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 424-5503 - View Map
- AssuredPartners NL
120 N Fulton Ave a - Evansville, IN 47710 - (812) 485-2800 - View Map
There's no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Dodge Durango?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
If you can't answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
While you're price shopping online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper insurance in Evansville is available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies don't offer price quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Greenwood, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)