Locating cheaper Fort Wayne Honda Odyssey insurance quotes is somewhat difficult for beginners to comparing prices over the internet. With dozens of online companies available, how are vehicle owners expected to possibly compare every insurance company to find the cheapest available price?
Unbelievably, nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. American insurance shoppers could save nearly 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the benefits if they switched.
Honda Odyssey insurance discounts in Fort Wayne
Some providers do not advertise all available discounts very well, so the list below contains some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Fort Wayne car insurance online.
- Discount for New Cars - Putting coverage on a new Odyssey can get you a discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Life Insurance Discount - Select companies reward you with a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Drivers Education - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get slightly better rates than normal.
- College Student Discount - Children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Paper-free Discount - Many auto insurance companies will provide an incentive shop Fort Wayne car insurance on the internet.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Fort Wayne Homeowners Pay Less - Just owning your own home can save a few bucks since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you're out of luck.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts including defensive driver, multi-policy, military active duty, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO discounts include accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, anti-theft, driver's education, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- MetLife offers discounts for good student, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, air bags, good student, student driver, and homeowners.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, and good student.
If you want affordable Honda Odyssey insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your state. If you would like to view companies that offer discounts in Fort Wayne, click here to view.
Many insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive give prices directly from their websites. Getting quotes for Honda Odyssey insurance in Fort Wayne is possible for anyone as you just enter your required coverages on the page. When the form is submitted, their quoting system collects credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote.
Using the web to get price quotes for Honda Odyssey insurance in Fort Wayne makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to find a better rate.
To use this form to compare rates, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will be getting rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Indiana. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$150||$340||$340||$20||$102||$952||$79|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$152||$358||$318||$18||$94||$940||$78|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$136||$288||$264||$16||$80||$784||$65|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Fort Wayne which can impact prices substantially.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Honda Odyssey auto insurance costs with and without full coverage. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Honda Odyssey replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
When to talk to an insurance agency
A lot of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Fort Wayne.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your business. You won't need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You'll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
The following are Fort Wayne insurers who can help you get comparison quotes for Honda Odyssey insurance in Fort Wayne.
- Scott Robinson - State Farm Insurance Agent
4705 Illinois Rd Ste 100 - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 744-3218 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Paul Michaylo
2416 Getz Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 459-1700 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Susan L. Law
5308 St Joe Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46835 - (260) 492-6254 - View Map
- InsureOne Insurance Agency
3213 E State Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46805 - (260) 216-0024 - View Map
Finding a good insurance company should depend on more than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How long has their agency been in business in Fort Wayne?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How often do they review coverages?
If you get positive responses to your questions as well as a price you're happy with, most likely you have located a company that can be relied on to insure your vehicles.
How much can you save?
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers and poor customer service. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Cheap Honda Odyssey insurance in Fort Wayne can be bought online and also from your neighborhood Fort Wayne agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
We covered many ideas to reduce Honda Odyssey insurance premium rates online in Fort Wayne. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting low cost Fort Wayne car insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Hammond, IN? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for 4x4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Lawrence, Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)