How many times have you put off comparing quotes for cheaper Jeep Wrangler insurance in Fort Wayne? Purchasing lower-cost Fort Wayne Jeep Wrangler insurance quotes on the internet can be overwhelming for consumers new to comparison shopping on the web. With such a large choice of insurance companies available, how are consumers able to have a chance to compare every company to locate the best available rates?
It's hard to fathom, but 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in Indiana being $1,400, drivers could save an average of approximately 55% each year, but most undervalue how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons increases the chance that you will find lower pricing.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Fort Wayne, IN. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$112||$168||$364||$22||$110||$776||$65|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$134||$148||$460||$28||$138||$908||$76|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$162||$310||$318||$18||$94||$902||$75|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$138||$162||$336||$20||$100||$756||$63|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$248||$300||$368||$22||$110||$1,048||$87|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$170||$200||$336||$20||$100||$826||$69|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$152||$186||$396||$24||$118||$876||$73|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$186||$294||$318||$18||$94||$910||$76|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$130||$186||$358||$22||$108||$804||$67|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$210||$294||$396||$24||$118||$1,042||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in Fort Wayne location which can lower or raise price quotes noticeably.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The diagram below shows the difference between Jeep Wrangler auto insurance rates with full phyical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There isn't a written rule to delete physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Jeep Wrangler replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $300 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Protect more than your Wrangler
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's most likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Jeep at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Car insurance protects not only your Jeep but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Jeep gets damaged, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Jeep Wrangler Insurance Rates Can Be More Affordable
Many things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
High deductibles equal low rates - Your deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and damage from wind. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Your occupation and insurance rates - Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like fire fighters, business owners and financial analysts usually pay higher premium rates because of intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, careers such as scientists, students and retirees receive lower rates.
Liability limits on your policy - Your policy's liability coverage will afford coverage if you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Gender is a factor - Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn't mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes cause accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
Your age impacts your rates - Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher. Adding a young driver to your insurance policy can be very expensive. Older people are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations.
Bad credit hurts insurance premiums - Having a good credit score can be an important factor in determining what you pay. Therefore, if your credit score is lower than you'd like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Jeep Wrangler by improving your credit score. People with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit.
Jeep Wrangler insurance loss probability - Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates. The data below shows the historical loss data for Jeep Wrangler vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Values under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Jeep Wrangler Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Wrangler 2dr SWB 4WD||54||134||71||57||52||102|
|Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD||58||151||82||66||62||120|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Fort Wayne insurance discounts for a Jeep Wrangler
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Telematics Devices - People who choose to allow their company to look at their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Student Discounts - Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Payment Method - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Select car insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Save over 55 - Mature drivers may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Distant College Student Discount - Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Fort Wayne and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Good drivers with no accidents pay much less in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
The best car insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include safe driver, 55 and retired, driver training, good student, multi-vehicle, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for newly retired, preferred payment discount, new graduate, multi-car, safety features, and new move discount.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, passive restraint, multiple policy, and defensive driving training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for mature driver, air bags, paid in full, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, and group or association.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, good student, five-year accident-free, military active duty, driver training, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO includes discounts for multi-car, bundle discounts, anti-theft, accident prevention training, and homeowner.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered in Fort Wayne.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Jeep Wrangler?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Jeep Wrangler is totaled?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Indiana?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
If you can't answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Buying from car insurance agents
Many drivers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents that can provide free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company requires more thought than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Indiana?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
When researching a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they operate. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They usually cannot provide other company's prices so they really need to provide good service. These agents are highly trained on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Fort Wayne who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Keith Miller
4930 Illinois Rd Ste 1 - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 434-0010 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Justin Harkelroad
8812 Coldwater Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 489-0156 - View Map
- Sam Till Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
615 Goshen Ave - Fort Wayne, IN 46808 - (260) 482-9623 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, it's a good idea to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Fort Wayne that can give you comparison quotes.
- Hupe Insurance Services
7011 Stellhorn Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
- Schultheis Agency Insurance
1910 St Joe Center Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 480-0208 - View Map
- Masters Insurance Fort Wayne Indiana
4324 Flagstaff Cove - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 702-0945 - View Map
Once you have satisfactory answers in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can insure your vehicles. Just be aware that consumers can cancel coverage any time you want so never feel that you are permanently stuck with a specific company indefinitely.
Be persistent to save money
We covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Jeep Wrangler insurance in Fort Wayne. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Fort Wayne car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you quote Fort Wayne car insurance, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone dropped full coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Budget-friendly insurance in Fort Wayne can be found from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers work with independent insurance agents.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)