Do you want a faster way to compare cheaper Volkswagen Passat insurance in Fort Wayne? No normal person enjoys paying for insurance, particularly when they are paying too much.
Statistics show that the vast majority of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in the United States could save an average of roughly $859 each year just by comparing rates, but they just don't want to compare rates.
Big companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm constantly bombard you with catchy ads and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and do the work needed to find the best deal.
The fastest way that we advise to get rate comparisons for Volkswagen Passat insurance in Fort Wayne is to realize car insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with a free rate quote. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as your education level, distance driven, if the car is leased, and if you are currently licensed. Your rating data is instantly submitted to many of the top insurers and they respond with quotes very quickly.
To compare lower-cost Volkswagen Passat insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Indiana. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Passat Komfort Station Wagon||$236||$486||$310||$18||$92||$1,142||$95|
|Passat Komfort 4-Dr Sedan||$146||$266||$286||$16||$86||$800||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can affect premium rates considerably.
Volkswagen Passat insurance premiums by gender
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Passat insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Volkswagen Passat insurance in Fort Wayne
Some companies do not advertise every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and Allstate will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best auto insurance rates in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- New Car Discount - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it's just not the way it works.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, student away at school, good student, multiple autos, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for business and professional, pay in full, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, and mature driver.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, daytime running lights, multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
- American Family has discounts for defensive driver, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, and early bird.
- Nationwide offers discounts for business or organization, anti-theft, multi-policy, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, and family plan.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders everywhere. For a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Fort Wayne, click here.
Informed Drivers Know How to Find Auto Insurance More Affordably
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that go into determining your premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
The following are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Raising comp and collision deductibles lowers rates - Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called 'full coverage', helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims could be a broken side mirror, flood damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you. If your Volkswagen Passat earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
- Experienced drivers save more - Teen drivers in Indiana are statistically proven to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Lower rates with continuous auto insurance coverage - Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse will be a quick way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Indiana DMV.
- Males pay higher premiums - Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn't mean men are worse drivers. Males and females cause fender benders at about the same rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Better drivers pay less - How you drive has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Having just one driving citation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have gotten careless violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Pay lower costs after the wedding - Having a significant other actually saves money on your auto insurance policy. Marriage translates into being more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you - There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your auto insurance policy. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
- Insurance losses for a Volkswagen Passat - Insurers factor in historical loss data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Volkswagen Passat vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehiclescombined as an average is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Volkswagen Passat Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Passat 101 99 99 111 113 102
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Many drivers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is important particularly in Fort Wayne.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Fort Wayne that can give you free Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Insurance policy providers are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage through many different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to do anything. When comparing insurance prices, you should always get several quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Fort Wayne that may be able to give price quotes.
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Fort Wayne that can give you price quotes.
Kent Paul - State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 W Dupont Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 478-2222 - View Map
Selecting an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
Compare. Compare. Compare.
We've covered many ideas to save on Volkswagen Passat insurance in Fort Wayne. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and these regional carriers sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced Volkswagen Passat insurance in Fort Wayne is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Fort Wayne agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
More information is located on the following sites:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Anderson, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)