Consumers not familiar with price shopping car insurance online may discover buying inexpensive Volvo XC70 insurance in Indianapolis is harder than it should be.
It's amazing but the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could save 46.5% every year, but they don't want to take the time to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using this strategy. Buying the best car insurance in Indianapolis is actually quite simple. Nevertheless, Indiana drivers must know how insurance companies price online insurance and use it to your advantage.
Discount Indianapolis insurance rates
Insurance is expensive, but there are discounts available that many consumers don't even know exist. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could save up to 20% and get you low cost Volvo XC70 insurance.
- Sign Early and Save - A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current XC70 insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Life Insurance Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Multiple Vehicles - Having multiple vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Government Employee Discount - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Indianapolis auto insurance with select insurance companies.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
To see a list of companies with discount insurance rates in Indiana, click here to view.
When shopping for the cheapest Volvo XC70 rate quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing rates from many available auto insurance companies in Indiana. By far the easiest way to comparison shop is simply to get online rate quotes.
Just remember that getting more free quotes helps locate the best price.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in Indiana. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC70 3.2 AWD Station Wagon||$294||$504||$324||$20||$96||$1,238||$103|
|XC70 T6 AWD 4-Dr||$222||$400||$318||$18||$94||$1,052||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can modify prices significantly.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Volvo XC70 insurance premiums for different age groups. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance agent or online?
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to companies in Indianapolis that give free quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Indianapolis?
- How long has the business existed?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want to buy auto insurance from a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they work. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are Indianapolis exclusive agents that are able to give price quote information.
- Jim Grounds - State Farm Insurance Agent
4745 Statesmen Dr d - Indianapolis, IN 46250 - (317) 842-6807 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance
2229 Martin Luther King Jr St - Indianapolis, IN 46208 - (317) 925-5557 - View Map
- Jerry Ortner - State Farm Insurance Agent
7424 Rockville Rd - Indianapolis, IN 46214 - (317) 273-0709 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won't have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Indianapolis willing to provide price quote information.
- Access Auto Insurance
2107 W Washington St - Indianapolis, IN 46222 - (317) 687-8807 - View Map
- Steffey Hatoway Insurance
8365 Keystone Crossing #202 - Indianapolis, IN 46240 - (317) 334-3743 - View Map
- Shepherd Insurance and Financial Services
111 Congressional Blvd Suite 100 - Carmel, IN 46032 - (317) 846-5554 - View Map
A conclusion for your insurance search
We just presented a lot of tips how to lower your Volvo XC70 insurance rates in Indianapolis. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like high prices, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund and even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When searching for affordable Volvo XC70 insurance quotes, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an insured cut full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Even more information is located at these sites:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Greenwood, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in New Albany, Indiana? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)